370 Contracts And Procurement
Contracts and Procurement (C&P) executes two distinct but related functions: contracting and procurement. Associated duties are carried out in close coordination with other Administration and Finance (AFD) departments. C&P is positioned as a central administrative support unit that interfaces with every other University operation.
Agreements involving the encumbrance or payment of state funds, the use or the commitment of state property, the construction or alteration of state buildings, or any other obligations on the part of the University, shall require review, approval and execution by an authorized contracting or procurement officer. The director of C&P serves as the University’s chief contracting officer. Any further delegation of the director’s contracting authority must be formalized in writing. Agreements that are not properly authorized may be void and unenforceable.
C&P administers the procurement of goods and services for all organizational elements of the University in a timely and cost effective manner in compliance with California law, CSU policy and public procurement best practices.
Only authorized procurement and contracting officers may commit state funds through the execution of contracts or purchase orders. The director may delegate or rescind limited procurement authority to other University employees at his or her discretion.
371 Property Survey Board
The director of C&P serves as the Property Survey Board (PSB) chairperson. The PSB is responsible for the disposition of all surplus state property. No state property may be sold, donated or otherwise conveyed without the director’s authorization.
References for CAP 370
- Date approved by the President: July 10, 2013
- Effective Date: July 10, 2013
- Responsible Department/Office: Contracts and Procurement
- Revision History: December 5, 2000
- Related University Policies, Procedures, Manuals and/or Documents:
- a. Integrated CSU Administrative Manual (ICSUAM), Policy Manual for Contracting & Procurement, Policy Section 5000 et seq., http://www.calstate.edu/icsuam/sections/5000/index.shtml
- CSU Executive Order 775, Acquisition of Personal Property and Services, http://www.calstate.edu/eo/index.shtml
- CSU Executive Order 409, Purchase and Sale or Exchange of Personal Property – Delegation of Authority, http://www.calstate.edu/eo/index.shtml
- ICSUAM Policy Section 5600 et seq., http://www.calstate.edu/icsuam/sections/5000/5600-0.shtml
- Cal Poly Contracts & Procurement website, http://www.afd.calpoly.edu/cprm
- Laws, Regulations and/or Codes of practice referred to herein or related to this policy:
- California Education Code, Section 66606, http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgibin/displaycode?section=edc&group=66001-67000&file=66600-66609
- State of California, Department of General Services, State Administrative Manual, Section 1208 et seq., http://sam.dgs.ca.gov/TOC/1200/1208.aspx
- California Public Contract Code, Chapter 2.5., Article 1, Section 10700 et seq., http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pcc&group=10001-11000&file=10700-10710