CHAPTER 400 Office of the President
400 OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT ORGANIZATION
The Office of the President provides the administrative and management resources to support the University President in his/her role as the chief executive officer of the University. Organizational charts of the structure of the University and of the Office of the President are available on the Cal Poly website.
The administrative organization of Cal Poly provides the structure by which all state and Auxiliary Organization enterprise functions of the University are administered as well as for oversight of recognized Auxiliary and Ancillary Organizations.
The University President, as the highest public official for the campus, reports to the Chancellor of The California State University (CSU) System under the direction of the Trustees of the CSU in accordance with applicable state statutes and federal law.
Refer to the organizational charts of the Office of the President and the University on the Cal Poly University Organization website. In addition to the direct reports within the Office of the President, the provost, all University division vice presidents, and University counsel report to the President.
References for CAP 400
- Date approved by the President: September 2, 2015
- Effective Date: September 2, 2015
- Responsible Department/Office: Office of the President
- Revision History: Use when applicable
- Related University Policies, Procedures, Manuals and/or Documents:
- Statement of General Principles in the Delegation of Authority and Responsibility, 8/4/1961, CSU Board of Trustees, Resolution and Standing Orders
- Office of the President Website
- Laws, Regulations and/or Codes of practice referred to herein or related to this policy:
- California Education Code Section 89035 et seq.
- Donahoe Higher Education Act of 1960
- Title 5, California Code of Regulations, Sections 42402 and 401000 et al.