CHAPTER 600 Student Affairs
680 Dean of Students
The Cal Poly Dean of Students Office promotes student development and leadership; enhances student success and retention; and facilitates a respectful, diverse and inclusive campus. The Dean of Students Office provides educational programs, direct support, advocacy and resources for successful navigation of campus and community life. Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Dean of Students oversees the following centers and programs:
- Student Support, Success and Retention
- Center for Leadership and Service
- Center for Community Engagement: Alternative Breaks, AmeriCorps, Service Learning, Student Community Services
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Clubs and Organizations
- Club Sports
- Veterans Center
- Cross Cultural Centers
- Gender Equity Center
- Multicultural Center
- Pride Center
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Off Campus Student/Community Success
- Title IX Outreach, Support, and Investigations
References for CAP 680
- Date approved by the President: To be determined.
- Effective Date: To be determined.
- Responsible Department/Office(s): Dean of Students.
- Revision History: Not applicable.
- Related University Policies, Procedures, Manuals and/or Documents:
- Laws, Regulations and/or Codes of practice referred to herein or related to this policy